Clifton Hampden, Oxfordshire, OX14 3EE

Clifton Hampden, Oxfordshire, OX14 3EE

Date of visit: 28th Dec 2021


From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Clifton Hampden is a village and civil parish on the north bank of the River Thames, just over 3 miles (5 km) east of Abingdon in Oxfordshire. Since 1932 the civil parish has included the village of Burcot, 1 mile (1.6 km) east of Clifton Hampden.

The toponym was originally simply “Clifton”, meaning “tun on a cliff” in Old English. There is no documentation for the “Hampden” part of the name from before 1726.

Listed Status Historic Eng. Ref. 1368843 22/06/1988

Phone Number (if known) 01865 407783

Location Information
Northing & Westing 51Β°39’21.8″N, 1Β°12’37.9″W
Plus code: 9C3WMQ4Q+CQ
what3words: plantings.agent.invoices
Grid Reference SU 54710 95548
OS X & Y: 195548, 454710
Latitude & Longitude: 51.656061, -1.210527
UK Postcode: OX14 3EE

County: Oxfordshire
District: South Oxfordshire District
Parish: Clifton Hampden CP
Ward: Sandford Ward

Internal Ref Number: