Stanton Lacy, Shropshire, SY8 2AE
Date of visit: 24th April 2021
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Stanton Lacy is a small village and geographically large civil parish located in south Shropshire, England, 3 miles (4.8 km) north of Ludlow.
Stanton Lacy has early Anglo-Saxon origins and can trace its history to before the Norman conquest of 1066, after which the large manor of Stanton was granted to Roger de Lacy. Previously simply known as Stanton, this ownership gave it the name of Stanton Lacy, which is in use to the present day and helps distinguish it from the many other places in England (and Shropshire) with the name ‘Stanton’.
Phone Number (if known)
Location – Northing & Westing 52°24’19.5″N, 2°44’22.1″W
Location – Plus code: 9C4VC746+56
Location – what3words: heeding.finer.flips
Location – Grid Reference SO 49791 78858
Location – OS X & Y: 278858, 349791
Location – Latitude & Longitude: 52.405415, -2.739462
Location – UK Postcode:. SY8 2AE