Blockley, Gloucestershire, GL56 9DZ
Date of visit: 12th August 2020
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Blockley is a village, civil parish and ecclesiastical parish in the Cotswold district of Gloucestershire, England, about 3 miles (5 km) northwest of Moreton-in-Marsh. Until 1931 Blockley was an exclave of Worcestershire.
In AD 855 King Burgred of Mercia granted a monastery at Blockley to Ealhhun, Bishop of Worcester for the price of 300 solidi. In 1086 the Domesday Book recorded that the Bishop of Worcester held an estate of 38 hides at Blockley.
The post office closed in 2007. In May 2008, under a co-operative agreement, the village residents opened a new local not for profit store that is a grocer, newsagent, post office, off-licence and café.
Location – what3words:///grass.onwards.newsreel
Location – UK Postcode GL56 9DZ
Location – OS Grid Ref: 416753, 235298
Location – Latitude / Longditude: 52.015861, -1.757295
Location – Northing / Westing 52° 0′ 57.0996″ N 1° 45′ 26.262″ W