Burton on the Wolds, Leicestershire, LE12 5AG
Date of visit: 27th May 2020
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Burton on the Wolds is a village in Leicestershire, England situated on the B676 road 3 miles (4.8 km) west of the A46 and about the same distance to the east of Loughborough. In the 2011 census, the population was measured at 1,218. The Parish Council of Burton on the Wolds, Cotes and Prestwold serves the village and its two neighbouring hamlets. The local borough council is Charnwood.
The village is listed in the Domesday Book, showing it comprised 15 households in the year 1086. In the Middle Ages Burton was the property of Garendon Abbey. After World War II a Polish camp was set up in the village, due to its proxemity to RAF Wymeswold which opened in 1942 and closed in 1957.
Location – what3words:///flexed.array.disposing
Location – UK Postcode LE12 5AG
Location – OS Grid Ref: 458930, 321157
Location – Latitude / Longditude: 52.784781, -1.127696
Location – Northing / Westing 52°47’05.2″N, 1°07’39.7″W