Thorpe Langton, Leicestershire, LE16 7SG
Date of visit: 22nd February 2020
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thorpe Langton (derived from the Anglo-Saxon word for an enclosure, meaning “long town”) is a village and civil parish in the Harborough district of Leicestershire, about four miles north of Market Harborough. The parish had a population of 171 according to the 2001 census. Ten years later, in the 2011 census, the population had grown to 200.
Thorpe Langton is mentioned three times in the Domesday book of 1086, with a population of 29 households and tax assessed at 7.5 geld units. Thorpe Langton’s land was held by three separate Tenants in Chief; Robert of Vessey, Robert of Bucy and Hugh of Grandmesnil. Robert of Vessey’s estate in 1086 contained seven villagers, three small holders and six slaves.
Location – what3words:///deck.untrained.massaging
Location – UK Postcode LE16 7SG
Location – OS Grid Ref: 474192, 292529
Location – Latitude / Longditude: 52.52559, -0.907868
Location – Northing / Westing 52°31’32.1″N 0°54’28.3″W