Shustoke, Warwickshire, B46 2AN
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Shustoke is a village in the North Warwickshire district of the county of Warwickshire in England. The population of the civil parish at the 2011 census was 549
Shustoke is an ancient village and it existed before Domesday. In 1086 Shustoke was recorded as ‘Scotescote’ meaning Scots Cottage, as cote means cottage, dwelling or house.
The parish church is St Cuthbert’s and was erected in 1307 on the site of an earlier church or chapel. Some remains of a Celtic-type churchyard cross and reused Norman masonry can be seen. The parish registers are some of the earliest in the country and date from the reign of Henry VIII. Some are in the handwriting of the scholar and antiquary Sir William Dugdale.
Date of visit: 3rd January 2020
Location – what3words:///slide.modem.herbs
Location – UK Postcode B46 2AN
Location – OS Grid Ref: 422701 – 290890
Location – Latitude / Longditude: 52.51543, -1.66691
Location – Northing / Westing 52°30’55.5″N 1°40’00.8″W